|The five best summertime detox beverages
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||hella01 [ Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm ]|
|Post subject:||The five best summertime detox beverages|
The five best summertime detox beverages
By PF Louis
detox, beverages, summertime
Summertime and the living is easy, except it gets hot. Some places get really hot but not so humid, others get hot and humid. Either way, it's a time for refreshing cool or cold drinks. It's possible to boost your health, detoxify, and alkalize while drinking a refreshing beverage.
Here are five tips for refreshing healthy summer time beverages:
(1) You can have a cooling mint drink to replace the classic alcohol spiked mint julep. This recipe combines mint with cumin powder to offer antiseptic, cleansing, and detoxification qualities. The mint is good for digestion, nausea, and morning sickness.
Gather up 1.5 cups of fresh organic or home grown mint leaves and rinse them off. Place them into a blender with one-half cup of purified water. Add one teaspoon of cumin powder and a half teaspoon of Indian or Hawaiian black salt, which you may have to obtain from a specialty store. Add three to four teaspoons of fresh lemon juice http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33580.
Turn the blender on and blend into a paste. Take the paste and mix it with water at a one-to-three ratio, or one-fourth paste to three-fourths water. Add raw sugar, Stevia, or honey according to your sweet tooth. Strain if necessary and chill or add ice cubes.
(2) Try a watermelon-cucumber smoothie. Concerned about the aluminum residue from chemtrails or from any history of vaccinations? Maybe you're concerned about Alzheimer's because of too many "senior moments."
Cucumbers are very high in silica, and silica is a great aluminum detox agent. Aluminum toxicity is associated with neurological disorders and Alzheimer's. (http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27096)
Silica is great for building bones and connective tissue also. Watermelon is much more than pink water. It's a very nutritious refreshing summer time food. (http://dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28434&sid=98)
So simply combine them. One cucumber sliced or diced and added to a three-fourths watermelon filled blender, blended then chilled is a delicious, nutritious summer detox. Organic cucumbers don't need to be peeled; conventional cucumbers should be peeled.
(3) Some things never change. Lemonade has been a summer drink for ages. Lemon water helps detoxify the liver and stimulate digestion. One difference now is to hold the sugar or artificial sweetener and use Stevia or raw honey to sweeten. Honey should be mixed in before the lemon water is chilled.
The other new wrinkle is organic. Use organic lemons or limes. The suggested ratio is one-half lemon or lime to a tall glass of water. But nothing says you can't up that ratio with more lemon or lime.
(4) A chilled ginger drink both cools your summer heat and internal inflammation while aiding in detoxification and digestion. Ginger tea is a staple of Ayurvedic medicine http://www.dreddyclinic.com/ayurvedic/ayurvedic.php.
If you buy non-organic ginger, peel it first, and then slice as thinly as possible to create a half inch thick cover at the bottom of a pan for boiling. Fill the pan, boil then simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Cover and let it steep for as long as possible.
Then pour the tea through a strainer, add honey or Stevia and fresh lemon or lime juice. Chill or add ice and enjoy.
(5) Cold lemongrass tea is a refreshing antioxidant and antifungal beverage. It also has anti-cancer cell properties. Lemongrass also helps keep those summer time mosquitoes away.
Buy lemongrass stalks from stores that sell Thai or Vietnamese foods. Trim two or three stalks of their tops and roots, leaving around six inches of stem. Peel off the outer skin and chop into course pieces.
Prepare in a fashion similar to the ginger drink in (4) above.
Sources for this article include:
|Author:||hubby [ Fri May 08, 2015 12:03 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: The five best summertime detox beverages|
detox 9 diet plan, detox 9 forever living, detox 9 day diet forever
- What is Body Burden? http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31288
- Campbell's soup diet http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29533
- Natural bug busters that are non toxic and effective http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28425
- Natural antibacterial alternatives to triclosan & other toxic http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28408
- Now that we are all toxic - what's next? http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28394
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 7 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group